Saturday 12 May 2007

Team India’s success mantra: Jadu Ki Jhappi!

(Dhoni womanhandled! Photo courtesy: STAR Ananda)


It was neither the strategist in Ravi Shastri nor the infusion of fresh blood. It took just a “Jaadu Ki Jhappi” to put India back to winning ways. I mean apparently so.

Haseena Nasreen, Shiuli to her friends, waited five long days during Team India’s conditioning camp in Kolkata before she had her man of dream, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, right in front. The teen could not resist giving Dhoni a hug and see what it augured!

Three days later, when most of his teammates came a cropper, Dhoni bailed India out from the morass and led to the win in the first ODI against Bangladesh.

One just wishes that Shiuli’s idea finds takers in other parts of India as well, because the likes of Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh are badly in need of something similar.

When Munnabhai showed on-screen how much difference one “Jadu Ki Jhappi” (Magical Hug) can make, we loved it but did not take him seriously. Now Shiuli proved it works in real life as well.

So, neither a change in guards, nor a wholesale chopping-and-dropping exercise. Neither a performance-linked contract nor a cap on advertisement. All India need is a Free Hug Campaign – like the one below – to revive its fortune.




9 comments:

Moderator - ADS said...

Hi som

So India won the 2nd ODI to win the whole series! Congradulations for a good bounce back.

I have some news for you. I'm accepting co-bloggers on my cricket blog http://different-stroke.blogspot.com

You can post extracts of your posts , and link to your blog for the rest of the articles. This we way we can share readers
.

Just visit my blog and see. If you like my it, please write to cricketbloggers@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful article. Appreciate your discussing

Anonymous said...

This really is remarkable. I completely believe the matters you've authored on this page.

Anonymous said...

Seriously guys!! This may be probably the most fascinating information My spouse and i ever previously looked over! Very useful. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

For me personally it's an extremely interesting article. I'd want to study a little more regarding this subject matter.

Anonymous said...

it was very interesting to read. I want to quote your post in my blog. It can? And you et an account on Twitter?.

Anonymous said...

For me it's a very appealing article. I'd prefer to examine much more concerning this particular topic.

Dalejspl said...

Seriously guys!! This may be probably the most fascinating information My spouse and i ever previously looked over! Very useful. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Many customers have stated that once they have ordered these counterfeit, fake, imitation UGG's, they might arrive in a very plain, brown box that looked battered. And recollection, they may eventually be willful Worn tedium without situation, so that the graduate can do their job. As an effect of peculiarity on the physical appearance of these boots, a lot of people will not want to use them in advance of.

Also visit my webpage ... コーチ バッグ 激安